The call pickup function of Kerio Operator enables users to answer a call ringing on an extension on a device at another extension. The PBX distinguishes between two types of call pickup:
- Call pickup within defined groups (so-called rooms) by using specific code (by default, this code is
- Call pickup by using a special code (by default, this code is **) with the called extension appended at the end.
Configure call pickup from Kerio Operator as follows:
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > PBX Services, enable Call Pickup and save the settings.
Keep the default pickup code (
*8) unless you do have a reason to change it.
- Go to Definitions > Call Pickup Rooms and click Add.
The Add Call Pickup Room dialog displays.
- Type the name of the department or the office in the Name field.
- In the table, add all users and extensions that will be able to pick up calls for one another.
- Make sure the Room is enabled option is checked.
Let's take an example scenario,
The Live And Let Laugh company network administrator uses the Add Call Pickup Room dialog to add a group with room name Local Sales for HPR (Happy people Republic). He adds all sales assistants for a local market and their extensions: Frederic Jovial, Mary Merry, George Funpoker.
Frederic Jovial has a day off today. His phone is ringing. Thanks to the call pickup rooms feature, Mary Merry does not need to dash for Frederic’s desk every time a customer calls his extension. She simply dials the magic code
*8 and serves the customer at her desk.